BlackHawk Kestrel V3 Frame FEATURES:
ALL NEW HOOP:
You probably noticed the new “teardrop shape” of the outer hoop instead of the classic circular design. Aside from the WOW factor, this further increases the strength of the cage while also increasing its aerodynamic potential. All connection points have been carefully Tig Welded and the Cage features a two-tone powder-coated finish for a long-lasting beautiful look. The connection seam where the main hoop assembles has been relocated to the side instead of the very top. For Pilots who are concerned about “cage-flex” on those power-forward launches, this ensures extra strength where Pilots need it the most. Even beginner Pilots will now have a frame in the “ultralight” range that is strong enough and forgiving enough to easily handle the demands of those new to the sport.
IMPROVED CENTER OF GRAVITY (CG): BlackHawk has been working on a new engine mounting plate which will come standard with the 2019 Kestrel V3 Cage. This makes the same Kestrel main frame compatible with several different BlackHawk engines. This new design has allowed us to eliminate the previously used spacers and banana brackets! This saves weight while moving the motor even closer to the Pilot’s back – creating a lighter feel and more efficient center-of-gravity. The prop placement is also now 2 ½” set back from the cage hoop which greatly reduces the chances of ever having a prop strike the cage.
LOW-PROFILE “KICKSTAND” FEATURE: In the past, BlackHawk used a semi-pronounced 3” “kickstand” (metal bar to help the motor remain upright while not in use). We’ve managed to shorten this metal bar to 1”, while still achieving sufficient stability when the motor is sitting upright on the ground. This eliminates more weight and prevents the bar from bending if it makes contact with the ground on takeoff / landing.
LET’S TALK WEIGHT: With all of these new features, BlackHawk has still managed to keep the 2019 Kestrel V3 the same weight as the original Kestrel design! Instead of eliminating certain safety features or compromising the incredible strength of this cage, we’ve found the perfect balance of both safety and strength.
WANT EVEN MORE? GO ELITE: Of course we also have a NEW Team Series “Kestrel V3 Pro Elite” cage available for Pilots who want even more from their Paramotoring experience. This ultimate upgrade features a carbon fiber seat board, carbon fiber rods, and fully CNC’d “Acro Arms.” The V3 Pro Elite is also 2 lbs lighter than the standard Kestrel V3!
YOU’VE GOT COLOR OPTIONS: As a “finishing” touch, BlackHawk offers the highest-quality powder & clear coat in the industry. The Kestrel V3 is available in 2-tone metallic powder coat, or all matte black “Special Ops Edition!” Just let us know which one YOU like when ordering.
- Extreme comfort design for long cross-country flights
- “The most rigid single-hoop Paramotor Frame we’ve ever produced”
- Improved Thrust-Line for faster / easier takeoff
- NEW Teardrop Hoop shape for strength & performance
- All connection points are carefully Tig-Welded
- Newly relocated connection seam for reduced cage-flex during power-forward launching
- Universal mounting plate for greater motor compatibility
- We’ve eliminated the spacers & banana brackets for reduced weight and better CG
- Newly designed Kickstand for durability and less overall weight
- 1 ¾ inch net openings – knotted on all 4 corners for maximum safety
- Dual tightening bands on netting to retain tightness and for added protection
- Netting is held low on the main frame, thereby minimizing possible direct contact with the motor or prop
- Unique, easy-to-install & adjust netting strap system
- Cage and frame break down with ease for travel
- Performance-enhancing pull-start is set back into the frame cavity. Motor is mounted close to the pilots back:–Lightens the feel of the motors weight –Reduces in flight torque –Increases weight shift ability
- Main frame can be disassembled into sections, allowing unit to be packed into a suitcase
- 3.2 gallon high-quality UV protected gas tank with wrinkled texture
- Sump & fuel line located in the bottom of fuel tank for FULL fuel usage
- Prop placement is 2.5 inches setback from cage hoop allowing for cage flex clearance
- Beautiful 2-tone Powder-coated finish for long life protection from the elements
- Kestrel V3 Pro Elite Features:
–Carbon Fiber Seat Board and Lid for optimal weight-shift capability–Fully CNC’d Acro Arms for Professional Pilots-Carbon Fiber Cage Rods
-Package Deals with the V3 Elite INCLUDE a Carbon Fiber Prop
(833) PPG–FLYR (774-3597)
BlackHawk KESTREL v3 PRICING & DETAILS:
Kestrel Pro V3 (WITH Package Purchase):
Kestrel Pro V3 (WITHOUT Package Purchase):
Kestrel Pro ELITE (Carbon Fiber Seat + Acro Arms):
NOTE: If you already own a BlackHawk Cage and need replacement parts, you can also call us directly for pricing.
MEET THE KESTREL V3: In this video, BlackHawk will go over some of the features of our newest high-performance V3 Cage. If you have any questions about this product, CLICK HERE to visit our contact page.